Tuesday, November 18, 2008

How bright is your light?

Matthew 5:13 says that we are the light of the world. It compares us to a city on a hill and says that a city that is locted on a hill is not hidden.

But how much our we shining? We are in a dark world, but can people see the light in us. Can people see Jesus in us? This is so convicting to me because I'm realizing that I'm in the midst of a darkened world. People need the light, they need Jesus Christ. But what am I doing to show them the way? We are the light. Jesus tells us this in Matthew 5:13. This is an amazing thought. But when I look at myself, do I see light or do I see sin? Well, the sin is so easy to see, but I have to dig around to look for light. But if we are on a hill...everyone should be able to see our light. They shouldn't have to dig around for the light. We must be like Jesus. We must be bright, shining lights.

How can we be like Christ? We must live lives that honor Christ. We can't just sit around doing little. If we stay in our houses all the time, how can people see the light? If we only go around Christians all the time, how can people see the light? If we ignore a lost world of billions of people, then how will they see the light?

God help us to be the light, pointing people to Him. Afterall, that's one of the reasons we are here, to go and tell the good news that Jesus Saves. He is the answer. We are not. Life is not about us -(Although, this is so hard to really put into practice.). So let us ask God to help us be a bright, shining light for Him.

No comments: